Your responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the efficient management and governance of UK Programme Office, by controlling project tollgates.
- Lead key change programmes across UK and measures progress against the plan and, with the Project Manager, takes action to ensure results are achieved, and exceeded where possible; focuses on quality and review requirements and builds on feedback.
- Produce effective progress reports for assigned projects to keep management appraised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievements or misses
- Support the development and implementation of business initiatives across the Business
- Ensure overarching strategic objectives are turned into relevant plans, objectives and measures for the Business
- Ensure effective sharing of information and best practices across the Business and with key stakeholders
- This role has responsibility for budgetary monitoring and reporting with support from the Project Director and Workstream Leads.
- Develop close and effective working relationships with Global Business & Functions / Regional business management teams
- Support relationships with nominated executives within respective Regions / Countries / Functions / Global Businesses, to ensure common understanding of critical issues
- Build close links to other Global / Regional functions to ensure well informed Group / Regional perspective on best practice sharing..
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Fast paced, pressurised with tight deadlines
- Ideally having previous experience within Banking
- Past working experience as a Lead Project Management Officer (PMO)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively