Lead IFRS17 Project Actuary
Oliver James Associates Ireland are exclusively representing a leading Life and Reinsurance Insurer, based in Dublin City Centre. Our client is actively seeking to appoint a Head of Corporate Actuarial Function.
Oliver James Associates Ireland are exclusively representing a leading Life and Reinsurance Insurer, based in Dublin City Centre. Our client is actively seeking to appoint a Head of Corporate Actuarial Function. The successful incumbent will be a qualified and experience, senior life actuary; who processes extensive experience in reporting, modelling, project management and who is comfortable at dealing at C-Suite level.
- The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing the implementation of the new regulation processes alongside a finance transformation initiative
- You will have complete oversight of current and upcoming commercially driven actuarial and support function re-organisations on a national and international basis
- The role will involve liaising with multiple business units, both locally and internationally
- You will need to drive the project forward to the point that the process can be incorporated into BAU process
- Projects will include and are not limited to, the redeveloping of Reporting structures in advance of IFRS17
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Actuary
- EU and/ or UK working experience
- Preferred working experience from within the Irish Insurance Market
- Strong actuarial background - ideally involved in the implementation of regulations or processes surround reporting and modelling
- Extensive project management experience
- Extensive senior stakeholder management up to C suite level
- Extremely competent at networking and liaising with other businesses units
- Strong Preference for those with IFRS 4 Phase II and/or IFRS17 experience
Our client offers a strong level of autonomy to manage current and upcoming projects as you see fit, combined with C-Suite engagement at all staged, combined with defined career growth and an excellent base and benefits package.
Please note this role is NOT open to Non-EU citizens, your application WILL be discounted on receipt should you not be an EU Citizen.
This vacancy is exclusive to Oliver James Associates.
For more information, please send your CV to the below address.
IFRS 17 Project Actuary | Nearly/Newly Qualified
- South West England, England
- £40000 - £60000 per annum + benefits
- 11 days ago
An international insurance firm are seeking to secure a senior qualified actuarial student, or newly qualified actuary to support their IFRS 17 project team. The Role The successful applicant will assist with the implementation strategy of IFRS 17 for this global firm. The team builds f... Read More
Life Actuary - Financial Reporting - IFRS 17 Project
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- 18 days ago
Oliver James Associates are representing a major client who require a Life Actuary to join their IFRS 17 Project as an actuarial contractor. Duration: 12 months + extensions Rate: 700-1000EUR per day depending on experience Oliver James Associates are representing a major client who req... Read More
Life Actuary - IFRS 17 Project - Reporting/Modelling
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- 19 days ago
Experienced Life Actuary with a background in modelling (ideally stochastic) to support on a prestigious IFRS 17 project. Oliver James Associates is representing a leading insurance business who requires a qualified or experienced Life actuary to support on a cutting-edge IFRS17 project... Read More
- City of London, London
- 2 days ago
Oliver James Associates are working with a leading non-life insurer to source a Reserving Actuary to join their team in Central London. The Role: 3 month contract with a potential extension, based in Central London Peer reviewing results, making reserve recommendations, supporting produ... Read More