This exciting opportunity within Lincoln's Operations and Data Management team for a Senior ETL Developer to help build solutions for Lincoln's RPS business. The Senior ETL Developer will assist Analytical Teams with the design and implementation of Data solutions and systems, including integration with Operational Datastpres and Data Wwarehouses, both on-Premise and in the Cloud. This candidate must be able to develop, enhance, and support Informatica workflows and processes using Informatica Power Center for the extraction and transformation of data in both UNIX/Oracle and Windows/MS SQL Server database environments.
The candidate must have Sr. Level experience participating in and leading teams within a Data Management Organization by suggesting new and innovative ways of gaining data processing efficiencies and participating in architectural and modeling discussions.
* Participates in analysis, design, and ETL development as part of Agile / Scrum Develop Team
* Understands data mapping and data modeling methodologies including normal form, star, and snowflake to reduce data redundancy and improve data integrity.
* Performs technical tasks including estimating, analysis, technical requirements, design, construction and unit & integration testing following SDLC.
* Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with Scrum Team and Leadership to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
* Participates and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility
* Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
* Provides expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
* Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
* Provides input to development teams in areas of project scheduling, technical direction and application development standards
* Analyzes, designs, codes, debugs, integrates and tests complex software application solutions for systems
* Identifies potential application solutions by understanding complex business/technical problems and opportunities
* Provides input on the development of project plans, test plans and implementation plans including determining estimates on time frames, needed resources and budgets
* Participates in writing/sizing technical specifications from business requirements/business specifications
* Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view
* Investigates and resolves complex problems including providing support for production systems in a timely manner
* Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops complex solutions
* Communicates effectively with the development team, internal stakeholders and management
* Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
* 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required Experience
* 7+ Years' experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
* 5+ years of experience in developing Informatica PowerCenter ETL mappings using Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, and Repository Manager (Required)
* 5+ years of experience in design and development of operational data stores, data warehouses and data marts (Required)
* Experience with Oracle, MS SQL development and performance tuning database packages, triggers and complex queries for Application/Data Warehouse environments is needed
* Must have a proven track record working closely with business stakeholders, BSAs, and POs/CPOs to understand requirements and expectations to achieve quality technical solutions
* Sr Level knowledge of relational database systems / Data integrity concepts and data standardization
* Data modeling - Conceptual, Logical, and Physical including NoSQL, relational, snowflake, and star schemas
* Big Data - NO SQL Modeling, Hive, HBase, Pig, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redshift utilizing AWS Services and integrating data on cloud (Plus)
* Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
* Domain level expertise in one of the following is desired: Individual Life Insurance, Annuities, Group Insurance, or Retirement Plan Services
* Relationship management skills required
* Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
* Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
* Demonstrated strong relationship management skills to develop creative and collaborative approaches
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style in an Agile/Scrum Environment
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)