The purpose of this position is to support the Group Data Team to build the data infrastructure and key analytics capability. In particular, the role focuses on the development and maintenance of a Pricing data warehouse. The successful candidate will be a data specialist and have extensive hands-on experience working with data pipelines, to efficiently support the tech and the business teams.
- Support the Data Team in the definition of the data requirement for each Partner and Claims TPA, to assess at an early stage the impact on the maintenance of the Pricing data warehouse.
- Assist the Data Team during data ingestion. In particular, assess the Partner/TPA policy admin system capabilities in term of data and provide guidance on the best way to ingest it via the data ingestion template. Insure it meets the Minimum Pricing Data Requirements (MPDR).
- Collaborate with the Pricing team during the ingestion process to ensure accuracy and completeness of the data ingested.
- Develop a fully automated process to build Group Pricing data warehouse. This involves building an automated data transformation/massaging process on policy, quote and claims data. The automated process aims to accommodate various Partners/TPAs systems and products, with as little customisation as possible for maintenance efficiency.
- Maintain the massaging process for existing and new on-boarding Partners, based on business requirements.
- Perform data validation to ensure ingested data is accurate and reconciles with financial accounts.
- Work as part of the Tech team and provide recommendations on data warehouse architecture.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to deliver to their requirements. In particular, support the Pricing and Advanced Analytics Teams regarding reporting data capabilities by designing data marts.
- Support the implementation of innovative tools, visualisations and processes that improves the insight and analytical capabilities of the business.
- Maintain close relationship with internal stakeholders ensuring frequent progress update with regard to the data capabilities.
Essential skills & experience
- High level of attention to detail. Must love working with data and have strong algorithmic skills.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Strong knowledge of multiple programming languages (Python, R, SAS, Elixir, etc.)
- Experience with data modelling and working with databases
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a small and dynamic team
- Ability to lead and build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Eagerness to learn the business
- Structured, analytical with a problem-solving approach and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to define test strategies and controls.
- Great communication skills, effectively communicate complex ideas to primary business partners, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative for the progress of the team
Desirable skills & experience
- In depth knowledge of all transactional aspects of the life cycle of an insurance policy (underwriting, MTA, renewals, conversions, etc.)
- Proven financial services industry experience in a data analysis capacity
- Experience in designing data warehouses
- Experience with ETL workflows
- Ability to interpret data and analysis results to generate insight
- Experience of reporting and visualisation tools such as Tableau, Power BI, R-Shiny, SSRS
- Experience with Hadoop, Sparks and data lakes would be a plus
- Broad knowledge base of statistics and statistical interpretation of quantitative data
- Experience of working with start-ups, preferably Fintech or Insurtech
- Customer focused
- Results driven
- Creative problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable