Lead Data Engineer / Data Manager - West Yorkshire
Lead Data Engineer / Datawarehouse / Data Manager - West Yorkshire
Joining an established business who process millions of customer data for a range of blue chip clients on a daily basis, the Lead Data Engineer forms part of a new capability within the business to better manage how they will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems, constructing datasets which are easy to analyse and which support the business requirements. This role will develop a Data team and become the Data Manager for the business, the role offers a very clear career path from Lead Data Engineer to Data Manager.
The Lead Data Engineer will require strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources, be detail-oriented and striving for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals. playing a pivotal part in developing the existing data platform to keep up with the rapid growth of the business and maintain the accuracy and ease of use of the system alongside this.
- Designing and building multi-dimensional data warehousing and downstream cubes/marts
- Building and managing ETL routines
- Implementing and managing data analytics tools
- Building MI reports
- Building and maintaining data dictionaries
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Implement data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems
- Re-engineer manual data flows to enable scaling and repeatable use
- Write ETL scripts and code to make sure the ETL process performs optimally
- Design, Develop, Test and Support data collection and integration with ETL applications.
- Implement tight data controls to ensure a seamless flow of data around the organisation.
- Model data requirements, sources and flows to bring structure to large programmes of work.
- Own the lifecycle development of corporate data assets.
- Define metadata for searchability and governance of unstructured data.
- Undertake data mapping design, analysis and profiling activities.
- Design data models needed within ETL application components.
- Strong background in Data Engineering and Architecture.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, Power BI, Tableau & Clickview
- Experience of the Azure ecosystem is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of ETL Management platforms (Talend / ETLWorks etc)
- Track record that of implementing end-to-end data solutions and ELT/ETL pipeline development skills.
- Maintain and optimize the Data Warehouse solution to maximize performance.
- Experience working with solutions in the Cloud is desirable.
- Implement dashboards on Power BI for data analysis.
- Strong experience with SQL
- Solid experience of Jet Reports
- Good documentation experience.
- Ability to communicate well with key stakeholders and non-technical audiences.
- Ability and eagerness to rapidly learn new languages/frameworks as required.
- Strong experience in implementing data governance
- Knowledge of Data Management best practices
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
For further details or a conversation regarding the role and business please apply
Agile Delivery Lead - West Yorkshire
- West Yorkshire, England
- 4 days ago
Agile Delivery Lead x2- West Yorkshire Exciting opportunity for 2 Agile Delivery Leads to join a fast paced growing business. The business can consider experienced candidates as well someone who's developing their career in this role. The role will be responsible for the leadership of T... Read More
Junior Delivery Lead (Agile) - West Yorkshire £40,000-£45,000
- West Yorkshire, England
- 29 days ago
Junior Delivery Lead (Agile) - West Yorkshire £40,000-£45,000 Exciting opportunity for a Junior Delivery Lead with Agile experience to join a fast paced growing business. The business is looking for someone who wants to develop from their current role into a Delivery Lead. The role will... Read More
- £450 - £500 per day
- 29 days ago
Data Engineer | Remote | £450-500pd BI, Business Intelligence, Power BI, DAX, Tabular models, Tabular modelling, Consulting, Requirements, Experience. The Role Data Engineer | We are currently recruiting for an experienced interim Data Engineer to work remotely with occasional visits to... Read More
Senior Project lead / Requirement Engineer
- Zürich, Switzerland
- Swiss Franc800 - Swiss Franc1000 per annum
- 22 days ago
Rate: 800-900 CHF D.O.E Location: Zurich Contract: 12 months+ Our banking client is looking for a Project lead / Requirements engineering Digital Platforms, Marketing and Distribution IT team. Essential skills - Minimum +5 years' experience in Front-to-Back Programs or Projects with a g... Read More