Our client is a leader provider of translation, development and testing solutions based in South Dublin looking for an experienced Lead Automation Engineer. Opportunity for hands-on automation engineer mentoring the existing team members.
Lead Automation Engineer
South Dublin, Ireland
Our client is a leader provider of translation, development and testing solutions.
This is an opportunity for a talented Lead Automation Engineer to be the bridge between the QA & Development teams. Working in an Agile environment and developing and executing automation test plans and scripts. Opportunity for hands-on automation engineer mentoring the existing team members and will be dedicated to guiding and training them.
This is a permanent full-time position based in South Dublin.
- Working with product managers and tech leads to identify and prioritize components for automation, focusing on industry best practices.
- Interact with development teams to help incorporate optimized and re-usable functional tests
- Develop and integrate an automated testing framework into our release process
- Take on the QA process end-to-end - starting from analysing requirements up until building and maintaining test automation frameworks for UI, API and mobile functional automation
- Research, identify, and implement newer test automation technologies
- Document and train team members on best practices, tools, and coding standards
- Participate in product requirement and design reviews
Skills and qualifications required:
- 5+ years of experience with .Net or Open Source automation frameworks and performance testing frameworks
- Experienced with the following tools Selenium, Postman, SoapUI, Protractor, Robot Framework
- Experienced in the Agile software development and QA lifecycle
- Experienced in testing complex single page web applications
- Experienced in working with complex, high-transactional product integrations, APIs and Web Services
- Experience of security testing highly desirable
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment with a focus on exceptional service delivery.
- Ability to lead a team effectively, hiring, managing and mentoring junior QA resources.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately with minimal hands-on management
- Bachelor's degree in math / computer science / engineering or science discipline is required.