Junior Project Manager
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. The PM works closely with business partners and IT teams to support IT project delivery initiatives. Using standardized project management processes and Agile methodologies, the PM ensures projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet expectations of the business community. This position acts as a resource for preparing and completing all project documentation including project plans, project charters, action plans, issues tracking, meeting minutes and other project documentation. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. The Role will also include communicating status, scope, and health of various projects to appropriate individuals in the organization.
- Partners with stakeholders to create and manage realistic and detailed project schedules for mid to large, complex projects and programs. Plans projects to accomplish goals within constraints of time, cost and quality standards, constructing plans that delineate activities and durations, reduce uncertainty, increase efficiency of project team, and increase understanding of project details and dependencies.
- Conducts daily scrum stand-up meetings, facilitates Sprint planning meetings and coordinates Sprint reviews, retrospectives, and burn-down charts.
- Defines all project activities and milestones required to meet objectives and deliverables, properly sequencing tasks and estimating effort with project team members doing the work, determining the critical path, leveling the project schedule, etc.
- Define and document responsibilities of key project participants (project sponsors, team leads and team members). Get agreement of responsibilities and expectations for all project participants and ensure team members are taking responsibility and accountability for the tasks assigned to them.
- Monitors project execution to identify obstacles and deviations from plan and takes corrective action as needed.
- Establish clear set of project goals & communicate to project team and stakeholders. Monitor, control & report on project deliverables met and unmet. Track project deliverables using appropriate project management tools.
- Manages and completes project activities using the project management process and SDLC to ensure a consistent approach to project execution and completion with similar projects within the organization.
- Ensure projects remains on schedule and within budget. Ensure project deliverables are meeting customer's expectations.
- Manage the project scope and change request process. As needed, submit change requests and issues to project sponsors.
- Manage project issues and facilitate resolution. Identify possible impacts to project schedule.
- Identify and map project risks prepare contingency plans to ensure satisfactory completion of project.
- Motivate, encourage and guide project team members. Challenge team members as required.
- Facilitate project status meetings. Develop meeting agendas and document outcomes of meetings.
- Implements better practices and assumes a critical review and assessment of current practices supporting continuous improvement and promoting change management.
- Experience with recognized application development methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Agile preferred.
- Perform other duties as assigned.