I am currently recruiting for Java/SpringBoot Web Developer to join an Insurance Client I am currently working with who are based in Bristol. The successful candidate will work as part of the Scrum team with the flexibility to work from home a couple days of the week with occasional UK and international travel required.
The purpose of the role is to make sure customer's information is captured reliably and stored securely and building the interfaces to the Client's own front end and others APIs. You will be solving difficult technical challenges while ensuring that they value and strive for simplicity and maintainability in their codebase. Your contribution will be critical in ensuring they build a high performance, scalable and functionally accurate system that people can feel confident trusting with their money.
- Java / SpringBoot with at least 2 years industry experience
- Unit Testing / Continuous Integration
- Creating Restful JSON APIs
- Security and Performance
- Relational Databases / SQL / JPA / Hibernate
- Git / Command Line familiarity
- AWS / DevOps Experience (ECS, EC2, RDS, S3, Elasticache, Route53, Cloudformation)
- Sector knowledge (e.g, Investments / Banking / Financial Advice)
- Front End JS especially React & Redux
- FIX protocol
- Build tooling (Maven, Gradle)
- Other JVM language experience (eg Groovy, Scala, Clojure)
- Financial Services experience