Java Programmer (Guidewire) - Philadelphia - 12 Month Contract
The Java Programmer will be primarily responsible designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance. The ideal candidate will contribute in all phases of the development cycle, from requirement elaboration to operations & maintenance. Additional duties/qualifications include:
- Proven working experience in Java development and object oriented design
- Experience with SOAP and RESTful web services, as well as XML, XSLT, and XPath, using frameworks such as Apache CXF
- Proficient in relational databases such as SQL Server or Oracle, and ORM technologies such as JPA and Hibernate
- Working knowledge of database tools such as Toad, SqlDeveloper, or SqlServer Management studio.
- Experience with Maven build automation tool and Jenkins continuous integration
- Experience using Tomcat or other Java Application Server for executing enterprise applications
- Evaluate the impact of a change in one part of the system on the whole system and interdependent systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience (Previous insurance/Guidewire related experience preferred)
- Knowledge of Source Control software such as SVN or Git
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of management.
If interested please respond with an updated resume.