A Global Insurer with a big Irish presence are looking for a Java developer to join a dynamic software engineering team based in Dublin.
A Global Insurer with a huge Irish presence.
Background to the role:
The company are currently going through a significant period of growth and looking for a Java developer to join a dynamic software engineering team.
- Developing internal and customer facing applications using Java.
- Supporting the development team to enable frequent, high-value deliveries of excellent code quality
- Contributing to continual improvement in quality, playing your role in product delivery to transformation of the engineering and delivery process
- Supporting & sharing standard methodology across the Ireland technology team.
- Technical expertise in Java Development and associated frameworks (Junit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Spring, Maven, WAS, JBoss or Tomcat).
- Experience building RESTful API's from scratch.
- Awareness of industry direction and trends in application development and Cloud based technologies would be advantageous (e.g. microservices, infrastructure as code)
- Awareness of server side Java development and associated concerns (e.g. Web Services, database access, thread management, ORM, security)
- Experience of Network Protocols and Web Technologies (e.g. html Ajax, TCPIP, HTTP, SSL, certificates, web servers) desirable but not essential.