This is a new headcount to help this APAC life insurance company build out their eCommerce insurance platform. This role falls under the eBusiness and eCommerce team. No prior insurance experience is needed.
- Responsible for Java-based backend services - including quotation, payment and CRM
- Work in in an agile team using scrum
- Perform system design, development, testing, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement
- Provide system maintenance and support of production systems
- Evaluate and recommend new IT products and technologies
- Support product managers on requirement feasibility research (spikes)
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 8 years working experience with MVC frameworks. Solid insurance industry knowledge preferred.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in Java development with Spring framework.
- Solid knowledge of software architecture, data structure and algorithms
- Experience working in agile/scrum teams
- Basic knowledge of servers, DevOps and infrastructure
- Knowledge of non-relational databases such as MongoDB and Redis preferred
You will join a multicultural team of 6, all reporting into the Team Lead. It's a mix of European and APAC Developers. They use mostly open source technologies so they have a more advanced tech stack than most.
Please apply with an updated CV.