Java Developer, Manchester, Financial Services
A major insurance firm, based in Manchester City Centre, is seeking a permanent Java Developer to
be part of a team that use statistical analysis and predictive modelling to determine optimal prices thus maximising profitability for the business.
Having moved on to a new platform real-time pricing (RTP) models are now implemented in Java. You will form part of a team responsible for the design and implementation of real-time pricing capability and cover assisting with change projects where the business needs changes embedding in RTP.
- Developing and testing solutions built to effectively and efficiently deliver business requirements
- Ensuring all quality assurance processes for putting changes into the production systems are followed
- Aligning activity with accepted best practice and standards for designing, coding and documenting software
- Proactively championing continuous improvement within the team
- Helping junior members of the team to develop their technical skills
- At Least three years' experience within a Java Developer Role
- Previous user of Drools
- Expert in Java and SQL Server
- Experience of designing and developing high quality production ready software solutions
- Used to working in an Agile and/or DevOps environment, consistently delivering on time
- In depth knowledge of code version control
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A willing learner able to quickly apply knew knowledge in daily tasks
- Some understanding of Eclipse, JIRA, KILN and/or ReadyAPI
- Knowledge and experience of the Insurance sector
The Benefits of this Role
In return for your hard work and dedication you will be rewarded with a salary of £40-45,000 dependent on experience. It's fast paced. There's lots of variety. And you'll have huge exposure right across the organisation - making an impact on every area you touch. That makes for some outstanding opportunities for career progression.