To support these key strategic growth areas, UK IT Architecture require a highly capable and experienced 'IT Solutions Architect' who will be responsible for the solutions architecture and design of integrated IT/IS solutions that meet current and future needs of the vertical business units in Enterprise, Consumer, Mobile and Fixed. The role will deliver a trusted IT Architecture & Solutions Design service to stakeholders throughout the business for complex product developments and cross domain business transformations to quality, level of detail, time and cost acceptance criteria, such that we can demonstrably meet our Business colleagues' needs and provide our colleagues in IT Domain Delivery high quality deliverables that facilitate the development, test and deployment activities whilst moving the business towards its stated strategic goals.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable and recent track record of delivering an architecture and design service on projects that span multi-disciplinary areas across OSS, BSS and Enterprise domains in a large telecommunications IT environments
- Sound overall knowledge of application capabilities, integration, data design methodologies and industry best practices
- Ability to understand a wide range of disciplines in enough detail to communicate effectively with experts in those areas to enable delivery of E2E solutions designs, including, as examples, network designs, customer relationship management, order management / service provisioning, service assurance processes, billing and general enterprise management functions.
- Management of complex and conflicting priorities with ease
- Ability to balance short term vs. strategic solutions to cater to conflicting demands
- Telecoms Experience
- Working knowledge and/or experience of delivering solutions architectures and designs for one or more of the enterprise product sets (IP-VPN, Unified Communications, Hosting and M2M)
- Working knowledge of TOGAF (Enterprise Architecture framework), TM Forum Frameworx (industry specific Process, Application, and Information frameworks), and UML (modelling standard)
- Experience with E2E modelling tools such as Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect or IBM Rationale System/Software Architect)
- Experience with managing third parties required to participate in the definition of solution designs, ensuring continuity of design with all internal aspects
- Excellent communication (both written and spoken), negotiation and presentation skills
- Persists when faced with resistance and convinces other colleagues of a point of view
- Anticipates objections, builds on other people's ideas, and improves service standards