IT Procurement & Category Manager Role
Oliver James Associates are currently recruiting for a Category Manager for specifically IT, Telecommunications and Online Services. You will have the opportunity to act as central strategic interface to the internal customers and suppliers for related procurement adhoc activities.
Key responsibilities include developing and implementing a country category strategy for the UK, delivering on procurement success targets in close cooperation with the Global Category Managers and Global Category Strategies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement detailed category strategies; acting as focal support to the requisitioner with requirements planning and specification.
- Manage supplier relationships, strategic partnerships and manage tenders, negotiations and outsourcing decisions.
- Act as a key change driver, developing and managing sourcing strategies for all the UK Business Units.
- Stakeholder management with a variety of key board members and partners
- Compliance with procurement policies and guidelines
- Implementation of Global Procurement Standards; Processes, Tools, Content & Methodology
- Expert user for Procurement Strategic Tools; including Ariba, SAP, ASTRAS & ProC@T (Purchasing Order System)
- Maintain centralised contract repository, completed contracts, SOW's, addendum's for appointed sourcing categories.
- CIPS, CPSM or CSM qualified
- 4+ years Procurement Experience
- Excellent knowledge across a range of sourcing category groups IT, Telecommunications and Information Online Services
- Knowledge of applicable spend categories (supplier markets, sourcing strategies)
- Previous experience leading strategic sourcing projects across multiple business units
- Commercial mindset and analytically astute
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong team player
- Customer oriented
If you would like to apply for the position, please send an updated CV to email@example.com. If you have not heard back within 1 working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.