We have an exciting Permanent opportunity for an Infrastructure Operations Manager to join an established Technology team for a well knows Financial Services brand based in Cheshire.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Operations Manager with a strong tech background and understanding of IT infrastructure. You will be well versed with working within a complex operating model with both external & internal stakeholder engagement including 3rd party supplier relationships. We are seeking a real influencer with the ability to prioritise projects and tasks accordingly for the best possible outcome for the business model.
The role will involve managing an operations team that run 24/7, covering different types of workloads, as well as a people management. You will work closely with subject matter experts with the ability to understand complex IT Infrastructure technologies, and the demand management between operational support and project delivery. The role is also key to leading operational and service improvements, therefore someone with a string background in process improvement and automation is highly desired.
- Experience in a highly operational role with high rates of change
- Ability to translate business objectives into technical requirements and vice versa to a wide-ranging audience
- Ability to prioritise between change, request and fault type activity
- Basic project delivery and governance experience
- Broad understanding in reviewing commercial contracts and statements of works
- Ideally experienced in the operation of financial businesses
- Practical application of ITIL principles in a business environment
- Experience of Service Management in complex operating models spanning business, several internal IT teams and several outsourced suppliers in one Service Line
- Console management: This includes monitoring the IT infrastructure services and components by use of various IT control tools and real-time reporting engines
- Job scheduling: This refers to fixing a schedule for executing numerous scripts and batch jobs, and then trigger them manually at that scheduled times
- Print management
- Backup and restore / maintenance activities
The role comes with a 12% bonus, 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, flexible benefits, double match pension as well as further development and training. The offices are based in South Manchester / Cheshire but are not near a train station. Parking on site available.