We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join one of globe's largest and most respected insurance brands. This role will be based within the group function, reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller and will in turn be responsible for internal and external reporting process.
The business is multi-faceted, turns over close to $20bn and operates all over the globe with close to 20K staff making it one of Australia's highest performing companies. The role itself will be responsible for financial reporting, management reporting, process improvement, team building & leadership and working with senior management to assist with strategic decision making.
In this role you will be responsible for the follow:-
- Assist in the preparation of the GAAP and Statutory financial statements
- Preparation of monthly analysis including budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Preparation of general journal entries to support the monthly close process
- Manage the team responsibilities
- Assist in the internal and external audits
- Adhoc project work
Key requirements upon application:-
- College graduate with BA or BS in Accounting
- 5 years insurance accounting experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
This is a long term contract which will extend into March 2019 or potentially become permanet based on your performance in the role.