IT Delivery Manager
The IT Delivery Manager will gain a comprehensive understanding of core business systems, in-house developed applications, and MI platforms to support and enable the delivery of IT solutions.
You will be responsible for leading a team consisting of project management, business analysis, and development resources to drive IT Delivery.
This is a hands-on role expected to be engaged in the delivery of project activities whilst executing technical leadership and management responsibilities
- Take overall responsibility for the day to day delivery of IT business system & Change projects.
- Experience of managing both small and large projects with a variety of complexity.
- Experienced in using a range of project delivery methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Implement & mature IT project management and software development frameworks.
- Take ownership of the management and reporting of the IT capital budget for each approved project.
- Take responsibility for project stakeholder management and issue resolution
- Coordinate the effective use of the development team's time and ensuring efficient communication between team members, other areas of the IT department, and business stakeholders.
- Produce comprehensive documentation of application environments, data-flows, and support processes.
- Define and measure SLAs and metrics to assess the performance of the team.
- Understand and become a subject matter expert on internal as well as external 3rd party systems and market platforms
- Demonstrable experience for the day to day delivery of IT projects.
- London Market insurance experience is preferable
- Proven ability to manage and take responsibility for stakeholder management and project issue resolution.
- Extensive experience of working with software vendors and suppliers.
- Experience of implementing new platforms and enhancing existing systems, whilst applying technical thought leadership to projects.
- Very strong experience of managing Project Management, Business Analysis and Development resources, whilst understanding working practices of the roles.
- Strong understanding of business analysis and requirements gathering techniques.
- Possess an understanding of programming languages and techniques utilised in custom software development projects.
- Experience of custom application development, system integration, and management information projects.
- Proven experience of planning & executing QA and UAT phases within project delivery.