The purpose of the role is to plan, monitor and control all the testing activities and tasks, including the day-to-day management of the existing test team. The post holder will also be responsible for producing regular status and test reports for dissemination to department heads and the Senior Management Team.
- To maintain and expand the existing Information Systems Test strategy including the drive to more automated testing.
- To deliver initial estimates of the testing effort needed for new developments and functional enhancements.
- To deliver test strategies and test plans for all new developments and functional enhancements, plus risk assessments and the associated mitigation plans and contingency actions.
- To plan, monitor and control all the testing work, including User Acceptance Testing undertaken by subject matter experts situated within the business.
- To review testing requirement for change requests, assessing the impact on test plans and schedules.
- To report on the status and progress of all testing activities for new developments and functional enhancements.
- To be responsible for creating and maintaining the necessary test environments.
- To ensure proper configuration management of all the test documentation produced.
- To deliver traceability matrixes for new developments and functional enhancements.
- To produce Test Reports and actively participate in "Go / No Go" meetings.
- To participate in the recruitment of additional testers as and when needed.
- To provide leadership and guidance to the test team on best practice, plus develop and agree realistic objectives, training and development plans.
- Demonstrable experience of testing and test management in the UK insurance market, using an agile framework such as Scrum.
- Database expertise sufficient to enable the creation of SQL queries is desirable
- Working with web based technologies is desirable
- Proven track record in a similar role with a minimum of 2 to 3 years practical experience of leading and developing test teams.
- Excellent knowledge of test techniques, methodologies and strategies including testing in an Agile environment.
- If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for more information and a confidential discussion on this IS Test Lead role or to find out about more opportunities in Change Management contact James Wood at Oliver James Associates on 020 3861 9200 or email email@example.com