Your work environment:
The internal control specialist is within the corporate staff department responsible for the Internal Control over Financial Reporting. In this capacity the specialist is the linking pin between the Group Finance and the other corporate departments, local entities and shared service centers. This includes maintaining the day-to-day relationship with the local finance control officers and taking the ownership for implementing the requirements leading to a sound internal control over global reporting processes. This is a dynamic environment as requirements in financial and regulatory environment are continuously increasing. The department supports internal stakeholders within Group Finance by ensuring that the processes, controls and their testing is performed in line with the internal and external reporting requirements. Other internal stakeholders are non-financial risk departments, enterprise risk management business representatives, internal and external auditors. The team has a dynamic culture, characterised by open, direct and informal communication, with a focus on team work and quality.
As a Junior Internal Control Specialist, you are involved in many different areas and supporting the more senior team members of the team. You are strongly result-oriented and you have a sound knowledge of internal controls on financial reporting. You are hands-on, like to work on multiple tasks and dare to speak out.
Your most important tasks will include:
* Helping entities with the implementation of internal controls in line with the guidance to ensure a sound control environment;
* Taking part in investigations and deep dives into various finance control and accounting matters.
* Supporting coordination and participation in the ICFR/SOX404 sign-off process;
* Assisting the more senior team members with the preparation and organisation of the ICFR governance meetings;
* Assisting entities with the implementation of the Minimum Standard on Financial and Regulatory reporting;
* Assisting in the coordination of our external auditor account, incl. monitoring of independence and fees;
Who are we looking for, your profile & competencies:
* You are very ambitious and like to grow within the organisation;
* You have a hands-on approach and a healthy dose of organisation sensitivity;
* You are convincing in your work and critical (in a positive sense) of your own performance and that of others; and
* You are a quick learner, a superb team player, have a strong focus on stakeholders, supported by good collaboration skills.