A hugely exciting interim audit senior position, you will have a deep understanding of the audit process within the Insurance sector supporting audit assignments during planning and fieldwork, designing required tests, performing testing and vetting the potential finding with key colleagues.
PLEASE BE AWARE THIS POSITION IS IN LEATHERHEAD, SURREY.
Our client is recruiting an Internal Audit Senior to join the team; drive high standards, take pride in results and have a positive influence.
You will support audit assignments during planning and fieldwork. Designing the required tests, performing testing and vetting the potential findings with key colleagues.
With a deep understanding of the full audit process within financial services, you are essential to our client's success. If you have UK financial experience and IIA / AIA / FIA / CII qualified auditor or equivalent that would prove useful.
Working within the Global Brokerage - UK IA to conduct risk based audits. This includes supporting the Audit Manager in the timely delivery of each audit assignment including, but not limited to, scoping the assignment, detailed testing of the scope area, agreeing findings and escalating where required.
Document the results of audit work in accordance with the internal requirements and IIA standards.
Draft audit findings and agree with the key business liaisons.
Perform follow up to monitor adequacy and timely completion of remediation plans.
Work with the IA leadership team to implement suggested improvements to the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Anticipated travel of up to 40% with potential for international travel.
Comply with Professional Standards Manual in accordance with statutory requirements for role with specific attention, but not limited to Whistle Blowing and Treating Customers Fairly.
Carry out duties following internal policies and procedures adhering to applicable laws, rules, regulations, good governance and shared values, in particular, putting clients at the heart of our business
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Professional qualification advantageous.
- ACA / ACCA / CIA / CII qualified or equivalent.
- Degree from an accredited college / university preferred.
- Relevant experience (preferably Financial Services, Insurance, with brokerage advantageous).
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Good time keeping skills.
- Highly motivated with ability to meet deadlines and ensure quality in every aspect of IA work.
- Eligible to work in the U.K.