I require a high-performing, motivated contractor on a 6 month basis (potential for extension) for a global insurance client, therefore insurance experience is imperative.
As an overview, experience of Statutory Accounting, Solvency II and US GAAP will be the core focus of this role so these are essential skills.
- Statutory Accounts - Assist with the production of the annual statutory financial statements prepared under Liechtenstein GAAP and prepare bridging document between US GAAP, LIE GAAP and SII.
- Group Financial reporting - Assist with the production of the quarterly and monthly financial results under US GAAP including all aspects of accounting for the Company's technical results, operating expenses and investment performance. Ensure that Regulatory reporting needs are considered by the rest of the Finance team when they are preparing data.
- Solvency II returns- Lead and coordinate the regular Solvency II (SII) reporting processes and activities within approved deadlines and to the necessary standards, and acting as key internal and external stakeholder liaison.
- Regulatory returns - Preparation and filing of the Company's Quarterly and Annual regulatory reporting, including but not limited to NAIC, TRIP and any regulatory files for Bermuda filings, such as BSCR.
- System development - Continued process and data improvements in Phinsys to increase the efficiency of regular reporting processes, including involvement in Group Projects to achieve this.
- General- Working with the International Finance Team and other key stakeholders outside of finance including, but not restricted to reserving, business performance management, claims, capital modelling, financial planning, operations, Guildford finance, contribute to the teams efforts towards meeting relevant objectives.
- Internal Controls - Ensure the Company's internal controls over financial accounting and reporting are working effectively with accurate documentation maintained to support reviews by internal and external auditors in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Auditors - Act as the main external audit contact for SII audit