Working in the UK branch function - in cooperation with members of the central IFRS 17 project team, colleagues in the Company's technical accounting and financial and regulatory reporting teams, provide accounting support to the Company's IFRS 17 implementation project.
Key tasks within the team are to work on insurance and reinsurance accounting specific topics from an IFRS17 accounting and technical point of view.
- Support the production, validation and analysis of data to fulfil the Company's reporting obligations in line with the IFRS17 program of the Group;
- Assist in producing financial statements that are compliant with IFRS17 requirement for the Company;
- Assist in interpreting and reconciling Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet accounts that are compliant to IFRS17;
- Reconcile IFRS17 reporting figures with other accounting standards such as IFRS 4 or UK GAAP;
- Development of posting logic and respective technical dependencies for IFRS 17 general ledger and sub-ledger accounting module in cooperation with the IFRS17 central project team;
- Support the implementation of IFRS 17 program of the Group into existing accounting system landscape;
- Provide Ad-hoc reporting and financial impact analysis to different stakeholders;
- Define data standards for IFRS 17 reporting for the Company.
Support the development of quality standards for all accounting, system and reporting processes in IFRS 17.
Key Skills and Experience
- ACCA/CIMA qualified, with at least 4-5 years working experience
- Sound knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP relevant to insurance companies
- Working knowledge and experience of SAP
- Above average knowledge of MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- A committed and persuasive, convincing working manner completed with the willingness to take on responsibilities
- Quick to grasp concepts and inter-relationships between different components.
- Assertiveness in a group-wide environment and ability to handle conflict situations
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and attention to details
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders
- Exposure to IFRS 17 project implementation and a track record in implementing complex accounting standards with strong technical accounting skills.
- Prior knowledge about General Insurance companies.
- Knowledge about process changes as part of the IFRS 17 implementation to improve the process efficiencies
- SAS knowledge