A unique role has just become available with one of the Biggest Life Insurance firms in the world. We are looking for an experienced IFRS 17 Country Project lead with previous Insurance Industry experience within Finance or/and Actuarial or and Regulatory transformation team.
We are currently working on a unique opportunity in Shanghai for IFRS 17 Programme Manager, who will be working on site helping to deliver IFRS 17/9 for China local entity.
You would be stationed in Shanghai, China (relocation and accommodation will be provided for non-local candidates).
- Proficiency both in English and Mandarin - a MUST!
- Have 8-12 years experience in Project/Programme management role within Insurance industry;
- Big 4 experience would be an ASSET;
- Experience with ETL tools would be an ASSET as well;
- Have prior experience driving high-priority regulatory projects (IFRS, Solvency 2, GDPR etc);
- Be able to communicate with senior stakeholders within the business including Programme Manager, Project Director and other firm's stakeholders;
- Have a good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Drive Project Management effectiveness and the ability to synchronise internal and external project team members.
You will be responsible for:
- Ownership over Project Management related activities within the Project workstream for the country;
- Reporting on progress against plans and encourage the identification, management and escalation of project risks and issues to the regional and global levels;
- Supporting project business integration with Technical workstream through open dialogue with Technical PMs, facilitation of cross-team meetings and attendance of weekly workstream leads meetings.
- Overall delivery of the project: which means ensuring they are delivered on time, with acceptable quality and within budget.
- Project KPIs: which will be also measured by the quality of deliverables including but not limited to project management reporting and implementation roadmap.
- Deliverables: that are to be signed-off by relevant governance bodies.
- Transition-to-Support (post-implementation): is a key measure of project success and formal closure.
Due to visa restrictions, you need to be Taiwan, Macau, Hong Kong or China passport holder to apply for this job.