Oliver James Associates is representing a life insurance firm to recruit for a Business Analyst or Project Manager who will support the delivery of their IFRS 17 project.
- Build strong productive relationships with the key business stakeholders to ensure the delivery of the multiple projects.
- Structure the projected with the appropriate project controls to ensure visibility of the deliverable and ensure delivery to plan
- Identify and resolve business and supplier issues in order to ensure that projects can be delivered on time and within budget
- Demonstrate control through production and management of Project Plans, Risk and Issue Logs and Budget summaries.
- Manage the production of project deliverable, such as requirements analysis and functional specifications to ensure consistency and clarity of brief between the stakeholders
- Management of suppliers to ensure delivery according to agreed objectives
As this is a high-profile project for our client, it is important that the successful candidate meets all of their essential criteria.
- Be experienced in working in Finance within the Insurance sector ideally having gained experience delivering an end to end Actuarial or Finance Transformation project.
- Have experienced working as a Project Manager in an environment of multiple projects with challenging timeframes and deliverable.
- Have had exposure to the full project life cycle, from inception to user acceptance testing and initial live running with the experience to use the correct level of control.
- Strong project governance and control with an understanding of the end to end software development life cycle and how this affects the business.
- Stakeholder, conflict and influence management skills are required.
- Able to bridge the gap between Business and IT helping describe the business needs to the IT team.
- Matrix Management.
- Team direction setting/leadership - mixed skilled, multi located teams.
- Project management professional qualification such as (Prince 2, APM, PMI).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business.
- MS Project.