- To take the lead in the development of the ICT strategy and the implementation and delivery of the outcomes identified.
- To work closely with other key ICT stakeholders including digital manager, developers and systems administrators to ensure a cohesive approach to delivery.
- Through technical expertise and a change management capability drive a culture of customer focused innovation where infrastructure is fit for the future and ICT platforms offer the ability to shift to meet future user requirements quickly. Build a 'can do' team capable of delivering improvement effectively at pace enabling the benefits identified within the ICT strategy.
- Develop a service focused support and maintenance function to internal customers and other stakeholders that resolves issues effectively, quickly and learning is captured to be the basis of future improvement activity.
- Develop and deliver a culture within the ICT team which focuses on providing a top quality service for users where the team sees themselves as key contributors and enablers to achieve high levels of performance across the authority.
- Work closely with Assistant Director - Resources to implement, monitor and develop the Technical ICT strategy as a key enabler of MFT the corporate change programme. Prioritise work and continually improve the teams approach to give the greatest corporate benefit.
- As a lead expert advise a range of stakeholders on the effective use and application of ICT infrastructure in order to support the business and to support cost effective service delivery
- Bring forward ideas and where required Business Cases to innovatively improve the provision of our ICT services so the business reduces costs generates revenue and always provides excellent customer service.
- Balance the needs of the business and its customers with government ICT security legislation, guidance and best practice. Ensure our systems are easily recoverable by providing for the adequate disaster recovery and business continuity for our major systems
- Lead the development, review and implementation of ICT Operational policies and procedures in respect of mobile working, data security, data quality, information security, ICT disaster recovery, and ICT communications.
- Manage ICT infrastructure capital and revenue budgets and all resources effectively across change projects and day to day operation of the business solutions team
- Through effective staff development, monitoring and performance management, ensure the development of the Information Technology Operations team into a team that are technically proficient but also enable and drive efficiency, innovation and customer focus across the business.
- Manage relationships with suppliers so they work with us and for us. Set the standards during well run procurements and contract negotiations and maintain through exemplary project management and quality communications.
- Influence Senior Managers to drive cultural change through their buy in to key developments linked to new ways of working, ensure their contribution and commitment during change and ownership of the outputs delivered.
- Build peer networks to enhance South Norfolk's influence in the County and Eastern Region and to bring ideas and best practice into the business.
- Lead by example and develop, deliver and promote effective communications internally and externally.
- Positively participate in the development and delivery of corporate change programmes and initiatives, encouraging high levels of engagement from and within your team(s).
- Ensure compliance with processes and procedures, including finance, performance, HR, governance, health and safety, information management, data protection and equalities.
- Be prepared to perform additional duties not included above that are appropriate to the job grade and qualifications/experience as contained within the Person Specification, recognising that this Job Description will be kept under review and may be amended at the organisation's discretion to ensure service needs are met.
ICT Manager ICT Manager ICT Manager ICT Manager ICT Manager ICT Manager