Job Title: HR Officer - UK
Reporting to: HR Manager - Global
Oliver James Associates is an award-winning Recruitment Agency who has won multiple awards including a place on the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Global Recruiter 2016.
Established in 2002, Oliver James Associates is a global specialist recruitment partner to the Financial Services, Professional Services, Commerce & Industry sectors. We have grown organically and consistently over the past 14 years to become a renowned search & selection organisation, with a current headcount of over 270 employees operating out of 10 offices in London, Manchester, Dublin, Amsterdam, Brussels, Milan, Frankfurt, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 2016 was an exciting year, with 81 promotions and 102 new hires and our turnover increased to £74 Million.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Officer to join a very successful business and work alongside the international HR team to develop and implement HR processes, policies and systems. This role will report into the global HR Manager and will involve creating and maintaining effective relationships at all levels across the business.
Role and Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be responsible all UK HR process, including employment contract matters, performance management, and termination. As well as supporting the HR Manager on global matters.
- Delivering a full generalist HR support service, in line with the organisation policies and procedures.
- Supporting the Head of Operations on HR related projects including TUPE, reward and benefits, HRIS, and moving these project workloads to HR BAU.
- Providing advice and guidance to internal stakeholders on all UK employment law matters.
- Primarily responsible for management of the HR database system (SelectHR).
- Liaising with and management of external UK employment law consultants, suppliers, and partners.
- Managing employee data spreadsheets, and documentation of HR processes.
- Effectively handling employee benefit, payroll, and policy queries.
- Supporting the talent attraction team with the onboarding and orientation of new employees.
- Working with the Diversity and Inclusion panel to deliver Oliver James D&I internal strategy.
Experience and skills
- CIPD qualified or equivalent / proven experience.
- Proven generalist experience in a HR role and a track record of successful employee relations casework.
- Knowledge of UK employment legislation and relevant case law, with the ability to be able to interpret and apply.
- Ability to manage senior internal stakeholders.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Efficient and well-organised with good time management and planning skills.
- An ability to act with professionalism, discretion and sensitivity.
- Demonstrable experience of a commercial and fast-paced environment which can be transferred to this role.
- Experience of using Access SelectHR would be advantageous, or similar software systems.
- Excellent Social Calendar - Group Summer and Xmas Parties; Friday drinks every week; Frequent team nights out and events
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives - Extended lunch breaks for gym-goers; Fresh Fruit delivered daily
- Private Healthcare Insurance, provided by BUPA
- 20 days annual leave - including Christmas shut-down not requiring annual leave
- Other benefits - including Cycle-to-work scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Contribution which is matched up 4.5%
What we offer
At Oliver James Associates, our people are our strength. They provide our competitive edge - and are key to securing and maintaining all our partnerships. We provide an inclusive work environment, where our current leaders and leaders of tomorrow understand that a team is made of individuals with unique strengths, committed to achieving one collective vision. This journey is supported by our investment in a range of innovative tools, and the creation of an agile working environment. Both ensure a fun, forward-thinking space where we can all deliver with excellence.
We ensure our values are demonstrated in all our activities, and we reward our employees with progression where these values are evident and applied. We are also passionate about supporting our clients and candidates, challenging ourselves to continuously improve for the good of every connection we make.