My client is seeking to recruit a Head of Risk Modelling tasked with setting up a brand new Risk Modelling function within a leading insurance business. This opportunity will allow you to become a key senior stakeholder with responsibility for an indispensable function within the business. You will be tasked with recruiting your own team and driving business performance.
As the Head of Risk Modelling, you and your wider team will be responsible for:
- The annual calibration of market and operational risks, as well as the dependency structure between risks, which includes collecting data, refreshing analyses, understanding changes, rationalising judgements and presentation to senior stakeholders.
- Undertake on-going development to the methodology and tools which underpin the calibration. This involves research and implementation of enhancements, with associated testing and communication. The implementation of new risk models requires interaction with the Head of Internal Capital Model (ICM) systems and the IT developers who own the underlying engine, as well as the users who run the tools.
- The production of monthly market data packs, with responsibility for delivering accurate and timely reports to end users across the business
- The annual refresh of Group-wide Operating Standards for the production of Solvency II regulatory capital, including ensuring these keep up to date with change in the regulatory environment.
- Review and sign-off of Risk Scenario Generator files which will be used for external disclosure.
- Manage teams consisting of actuaries and quantitative specialists.
- Understand and be able to communicate complex technical problems from several angles.
- Implement novel technical solutions that are pragmatic so they fit within the business's needs and produce analysis to support solutions.
- Ensure that work is accurate and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Be confident in explaining results to senior management.
- Document and communicate technical concepts in a way that is clear and concise.
My client is seeking either an established "Head Of" actuary looking to undertake a new challenge or an experienced actuary seeking to move into their first "Head of " position.