Head of Portfolio Projects & CIO Office - Central Leeds
Brand new role within a successful global organisation to lead the organisation's team responsible for project delivery for short and long-term goals and strategies. Orchestrating delivery for IT Programmes and creating and maintaining cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success. Driving the planning, monitoring and execution of strategic priorities as defined by the CIO, working closely with the heads of the division to ensure Continuous Improvement Initiatives are delivered effectively to ensure cost optimisation. Oversight of regulatory requirements, ensuring appropriate controls are in place and both establish and maintain effective monitoring of those controls. Collaborating with both the US and International Regions, building strong and sustainable relationships, constantly looking for opportunities to improve both efficiency and associate experience across the Group
Core Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Strategy and working practices for the area.
- Ensure the Technical Project Portfolio c$15m is managed in time and to budget and that all risks to delivery are clearly articulated and shared.
- Provide thought leadership to constantly improve the department and provide clear strategy, leading by example, demonstrating continuous change and improvement with visionary leadership and thoughtful engagement with associates.
- Ensure that resource management for both internal and external resource is proactively managed, communication and agreed with associated parties.
- Develop and foster mentor relationships with the CIO Teams to ensure cross functional alignment and sharing of best practices.
- Responsible for driving and executing a metric and data driven model, constantly looking for opportunities to improve quality and reduce costs.
- Manage the Programme board meetings and the production of board pack content which includes reports, prioritisation and Programme level risks and issues.
- Prepare Programme communications to keep stakeholders up-to-date with progress
- Work with the Project Teams to ensure that the quality and integrity of the Programme is assured
- Responsible for the Department budget, understanding total cost of ownership for the internal services are understood and accounted for in financial planning.
- Ensuring appropriate business continuity processes are in place, aligned to business value and regulatory requirements
- Maintain formal risk register
- Accountable for the management, mentoring and career development of team
- Direct the preparation and implementation of policies, procedures and standards relating to the department
- Operate within a global matrix organisation
- Be familiar with new and emerging technologies that may assist TransUnion UK in the pursuit of its business plan
- Outstanding business acumen and judgement
- Strong presence and influencer
- Strong analytical and organisational capabilities
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- High problem-solving ability
- Total ownership mentality
- Credibility and influence of internal and external stakeholders at C level
- Problem ownership and resolution
- Methodical, thorough and diligent
- Risk Management and mitigation
- Methodical, thorough and diligent
- Ability to define full programme of work and resolve complex resource and infrastructure inter-dependencies across multiple teams and systems
- Ability to manage complex, cross-functional, concurrent projects and programmes of work
- Must have experience of delivering multi million £ programmes over a number of years.