Head of Information Security - West Midlands
Reporting to the CISO, this role will support the development and maintenance of the Group Information Security strategy and accompanying framework(s), as well as provide support to develop and update Information Security directives, policies, standards and guidance. You will manage appropriate updates and approvals via the Information Security Forum and oversee the Group Information Security portfolio and advise on Information Security initiatives.
Other responsibilities will include performing Information Security reviews where appropriate and ensure timely management and resolution of non-compliance issues defined both internally and externally, and working with external consultants as appropriate for independent security audits. You will ensure that Information Security issues are addressed properly with all relevant 3rd parties and support and oversee Information Security incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Preferably educated to degree level with professional Information Security qualifications (this should be CISM or CISSP or others such as the GIAC certifications or Membership of the Institute of Information Security Professionals)
- Extensive experience working in multinational Information Security environments, including experience of Senior management roles
- Experience of leading major security programmes underpinned by complex IT solutions in a variety of industries and cultures. Recognised as achieving high levels of performance and customer satisfaction
- Strong project analysis and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level
- Excellent up-to-date insight to Information Security arena and able to demonstrate IT technical awareness
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness and to quickly identify and understand the systems, processes and risks relevant to business goals
- Proven team leadership, man-management, coaching, mentoring & developing skills
- Experience of setting and achieving targets and producing work of high quality to agreed deadlines and budgets
- Extensive experience of relationship and stakeholder management at all levels including senior management across a diverse business environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and not become phased by demands coming into the function
- Strong leadership characteristics, coupled with excellent facilitation and consultancy skills
Joining a multinational and global business, this role will come with some occasional travel to different sites.
Based South of Birmingham, the offices are easily reached from the motorway and offers on-site parking.