Title: Head Of Finance (COFA)
Salary: £85,000 - £100,000 + Package
Post type: Permanent
Oliver James Associates is proud to be working with a leading Legal Services organisation seeking to appoint a Compliance Officer - Financial Administration. Reporting directly to the Head of Legal Services, my client is looking for a technically astute and dynamic finance leader.
The successful candidate will have a key role on the Senior Leadership team and be part of driving strategic and operational decision making.
To undertake and discharge appropriate responsibilities and duties as a company director as prescribed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority ("SRA").
Ensuring that the firm acts in a way that is compliant with the terms and conditions required by the SRA and the SRA Code of Conduct
- Provide the Finance team with strategic direction and leadership setting the vision and objectives.
- Contribute to the development of the Company's strategy, providing financial and commercial input on business decisions.
- Provide expertise on market opportunities including how to structure commercial fee arrangements.
- Lead the financial implementation and integration of any changes which arise.
Operational Effectiveness and Control.
- Support the Director of Legal Services on compliantly managing the business's finances within the outcome based regulatory framework of the SRA
- Working with the Head of Legal Services in sound financial decision making to ensure the financial wellbeing of the Company
- Provide leadership and direction to operational leads and staff on all financial regulatory matters
- Ensure a system is in place to monitor compliance to SRA accounting rules
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the SRA to ensure the Company maintains compliance with any changes in SRA regulation.
- Report breaches in compliance as appropriate to the SRA and/or the Board of Directors.
- Ensure the Financial Statutory Accounts are compliant and in accordance with the appropriate accounting standards and are signed off by the elected auditors
- Produce the Financial Statutory Accounts pack as signed off by the Board and the Auditors
- Management of a small team would be part of this role
- Proven track record of providing business-focused solutions that have contributed to a wider commercial agenda
- Able to manage effective relationships with sufficient gravitas to influence change at Board level
- A leader with the ability to motivate, direct and develop a team
- You would be a qualified accountant with demonstrable experience as a Financial Controller or Financial Director in a legal firm or organisation of similar scale and complexity
- Has in-depth knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules as well as the SRA Handbook.
- You would be an approved person under SRA regulation
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don't wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off Breakdown cover.
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.