Head Of Finance (COFA)
Title: Head Of Finance (COFA)
Salary: £85,000 - £100,000 + Package
Post type: Permanent
Oliver James Associates is proud to be working with a leading Legal Services organisation seeking to appoint a Compliance Officer - Financial Administration. Reporting directly to the Head of Legal Services, my client is looking for a technically astute and dynamic finance leader.
The successful candidate will have a key role on the Senior Leadership team and be part of driving strategic and operational decision making.
To undertake and discharge appropriate responsibilities and duties as a company director as prescribed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority ("SRA").
Ensuring that the firm acts in a way that is compliant with the terms and conditions required by the SRA and the SRA Code of Conduct
- Provide the Finance team with strategic direction and leadership setting the vision and objectives.
- Contribute to the development of the Company's strategy, providing financial and commercial input on business decisions.
- Provide expertise on market opportunities including how to structure commercial fee arrangements.
- Lead the financial implementation and integration of any changes which arise.
Operational Effectiveness and Control.
- Support the Director of Legal Services on compliantly managing the business's finances within the outcome based regulatory framework of the SRA
- Working with the Head of Legal Services in sound financial decision making to ensure the financial wellbeing of the Company
- Provide leadership and direction to operational leads and staff on all financial regulatory matters
- Ensure a system is in place to monitor compliance to SRA accounting rules
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the SRA to ensure the Company maintains compliance with any changes in SRA regulation.
- Report breaches in compliance as appropriate to the SRA and/or the Board of Directors.
- Ensure the Financial Statutory Accounts are compliant and in accordance with the appropriate accounting standards and are signed off by the elected auditors
- Produce the Financial Statutory Accounts pack as signed off by the Board and the Auditors
- Management of a small team would be part of this role
- Proven track record of providing business-focused solutions that have contributed to a wider commercial agenda
- Able to manage effective relationships with sufficient gravitas to influence change at Board level
- A leader with the ability to motivate, direct and develop a team
- You would be a qualified accountant with demonstrable experience as a Financial Controller or Financial Director in a legal firm or organisation of similar scale and complexity
- Has in-depth knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules as well as the SRA Handbook.
- You would be an approved person under SRA regulation
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don't wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off Breakdown cover.
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Head of Financial Control - Life Insurance - Up to £140,000
- London, England
- £130000 - £140000 per annum
- 24 days ago
I have been instructed to source a Head of Financial Control for a Global Life Insurer. Managing a team 2 direct reports and oversight of 130 people across multiple entities, reporting into the Global CFO. I have been instructed to source a Head of Financial Control for a Global Life In... Read More
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- 24 days ago
Title: Finance Director Salary: DOE Location: North West Post type: Permanent Oliver James Associates is proud to be working with a leading technology business to appoint a new Finance Director. Reporting directly to the CFO, my client is looking for a technically astute and dynamic fin... Read More
- Crewe, Cheshire
- 24 days ago
Title: Finance Manager Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 Location: Cheshire Post type: Permanent Oliver James Associates is proud to be working with a leading technology business who hold an enviable position in a lucrative, growing global market. The business continues to grow via acquisition ... Read More
Group Finance Systems Analyst
- Liverpool, Merseyside
- 10 days ago
Group Finance Systems Analyst Our client, one of the UK's largest and most reputable Insurance firms has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Systems Accountant to join their team at their London headquarters. Summary: The Finance Systems Analyst will provide application design, develo... Read More