My client are a constituent of the FTSE 250, a global leader in the manufacturing world, supplying products and services to some of the largest organisations. An organisation that are constantly looking for enhancements in operational efficiency without impacting on quality, they have identified a need and committed to a reduction in international footprint. Their aim is to consolidate a number of international manufacturing sites into a state of the art, UK manufacturing facility, which will have wide reaching impact on the future performance of the organisation
The Head of Finance for Manufacturing Strategy is a critical position within the organisation. You will be responsible for the delivery of large scale strategic projects that relate to their ongoing commitment to increased efficiency in their manufacturing operations. The transition of international manufacturing sites into the UK will be the initial project, though upon completion, there are a multitude of further strategic projects that will require a senior Finance professional to support in their delivery.
Your role will involve the following, though it by no means an exhaustive indicator of responsibilities:
- Working with senior stakeholders to scope out projects, identifying key strategic and financial sensitivities and modelling out potential solutions
- Supporting with the preparation of business cases for different scenarios, with level of detail appropriate to the relevant stage gate in the process
- Challenging team members to ensure robust analysis of options and alternatives as well as identification of appropriate risks and opportunities
- Partnering with other members of the Senior Leadership team to identify which elements of the manufacturing processes are core and what activities should be outsourced rather than manufactured in house (make vs buy analysis), including refining and improving existing make vs buy analysis tools
- Helping to present business cases to Group management, including drafting of Finance Committee and Board papers where appropriate
- Developing appropriate mechanisms to control, monitor and review live business cases once approval to proceed has been granted, following Group Programme Life Cycle policies
- Identification of opportunities to seek financial support from projects from local/central government or other external bodies to help deliver a best possible outcome for key stakeholders
There are a number of essential criteria for this position, that without, unfortunately candidates will not be considered. To be successful in your application for this position, you must hold a full accountancy qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA). Manufacturing experience is a pre-requisite in a leadership position, and further to that, you must have had experience in the transition (closure/opening/relocation) of a manufacturing site.
What's on offer?
£85,000 - £105,000 plus attractive benefits package