As the Head of Data Management and Operations, you will work for a market-leader within the global Reinsurance market that is completely invested in transforming the way in which the Business processes Data. You will have full autonomy and responsibility for the developing and maintaining the global data Management; vision and strategy.
Support the Head of Data Management and Operations in establishing and leading a global virtual team responsible for data governance and operational quality standards. This will involve setting up and leading the PL Re data management user forum.
Organisation wide Data Management ownership. Including all Data management disciplines, with expected focus on:
- Data governance
- Data Architecture
- Data development
- Data quality management
- Reference and master data management
- Meta data management
- Data dictionary
The role will have oversight on an organisation wide basis and specific responsibility for operations data. Depending on the maturity of each of these disciplines, the responsibilities may include definition, design, implementation and maintenance.
Operational quality management and continuous improvement. Including, but not limited to:
- Standardisation of mapping processes
- Data quality and consistent usage across business function and geography
- Development, production, interpretation and presentation of appropriate MI to support the operational quality
- Investigation and reporting of quality standard breeches
- Monitoring and overseeing quality remediation activities
The responsibilities will principally focus on the operational functions initially. The role will ensure global standardisation is maintained and by exception allow for regional variances.
Work closely with the Data Protection Officer to ensure PL Re's compliance with regulatory and best practice standard in data governance and privacy across PL Re.
Given the nature of this role it will be necessary to work in partnership with Business Architecture & Change, IT, Operations, Actuarial, Finance and Legal/Compliance teams to develop, implement and execute upon the responsibilities within this role. The role will require self-starter with a good eye for detail, and a practical and collaborative mind-set.
The role will be based in London with the need to travel to other global PL Re locations from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a data management role with significant emphasis on standardisation and improvement
- Detailed understanding of data management best practices, standards and tools
- Experience in designing and implementing a data management framework within a global organisation
- Experience in the re-insurance, or insurance industry beneficial
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify, assimilate, analyse and draw meaningful conclusions from disparate data
- Outward looking self-starter, with strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to maintain focus on group/division picture, whilst not sacrificing attention to detail
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive capabilities and activities to achieve continuous improvement
- Ability to instil confidence to build relationships at all levels across the division. Exercising influence across matrix environments and geographies.
- Able to understand and investigate topics related to multiple business areas
- Ability to quickly develop an appropriate level of appreciation for disciplines, from front office business, to operations, finance and IT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual rigour with the ability to handle complexity and ambiguity.
- Team player who is willing to get their "hands dirty".
- High personal integrity.
- Personally robust and courageous with the ability to take difficult decisions and challenge "old thinking"
- Energetic, passionate and empathetic.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications - If your CV does not demonstrate the necessary experience required for this position, you will not be contacted.