Head of Data Technology - Zurich
Joining as the new Head of Data Technology you will have the remit to lead the Data and Business Intelligence function for the business, responsible for over 200 staff globally covering 4 key areas including Data Governance, Data Quality, BI Delivery and BI Architecture & Design. You will report in to the Global Head of Operations and the CFO.
You will be working in the global headquarters of a Swiss financial company. The working language is English, but German speaking skills are advantageous.
- Experience of developing and implementing a Data & BI centre of excellence/business service spanning People, Process, Technology & Data
- Change Leadership skills, with the ability to set an agenda and convince others to follow; a proven ability to influence people and challenge the status-quo
- Experience growing a successful BI function, allocating relevant procurement budgets & managing external spend
- Significant Data & BI experience spanning technical delivery and leadership roles;
- Knowledge of Oracle databases
- Understanding of Data Modelling and the key differences between recognised industry techniques/models (e.g. Kimball, 3NF, Data Vault);
- Relevant technical knowledge spanning ETL, Data Warehouse, BI and Data Governance/Management technologies; the Microsoft BI stack (inc. Power BI)
- SQL & Data literate, with the ability to work with less data literate customers to achieve required outcomes;