Oliver James Associates Switzerland are currently supporting a leading Private Banking group in Geneva in their search for an experienced Business Risk Manager.
The successful candidate will take a strategic approach, enabling the Group to grow out a new business line bringing a breadth of experience across Operational, Vendor, Credit and Regulatory Risks. This is a new role that requires exceptional people management and coordination skills to complement a good understanding of Credit Products and the Private Banking environment.
Applicants must be business fluent in both English and French.
- Confident inter-personally with the ability to manage stakeholders both locally and across geographical borders
- Able to see "the bigger picture" to effectively map Risks for the development of an effective Risk Monitoring Framework from scratch
- Presentable and comfortable in front of internal and external clients discussing sensitive/difficult topics
- Shows initiative, identifies risks and presents new ideas for Risk Mitigation
- Comfortable in a high-pressure environment a dynamic, changing environment
- Sound understanding of Credit Products
- Effective communicator in both English and French with additional languages being preferred
- Current Resident in Switzerland or willing to relocate
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Candidates must have extensive experience working a similar Operational, Enterprise or Business Risk position within Private Banking previously
- Broad understanding of Swiss & European Financial Services regulation
- Previous involvement in the New Product Approval process
- Experience presenting to committees, fielding questions and defending your decisions with credibility
To learn more about this opportunity please email your CV and contact details directly to Luke.Hornsby@ojassociates.com. Alternatively, if this sounds like an interesting opportunity for somebody within your network, please get in touch to refer them.