Our Information Technology department is seeking a Sr. Project Manager with Agile experience to join our growing team.
Project Management professionals are responsible for managing a wide range of technology projects of varying complexity. They create and lead teams to accomplish prescribed outcomes, aligned to strategy, while achieving financial, quality and schedule goals.
Their intimate knowledge of the business mission and the disciplines within technology allows them to lead, influence and negotiate outcomes across the development of scope, refinement of project requirements, development of estimates and plans, formulation of schedules, and completion of design, development, testing, and deployment of capabilities/solutions. Incumbents of this job family exhibit thought leadership, adaptability and ownership for results; creating effective, productive relationships with stakeholders. They establish collaborative partnerships with their business counterparts and coworkers, exhibit transparency in communication, create order and clarity from ambiguity, model a bias for action, leverage data and fact-based analysis to drive decisions, and manage risk through innovation and creativity. Members of this job family are familiar with and execute in accordance with multiple project management methodologies and practices. They are skilled at multi-sourcing, vendor management, and team health and effectiveness.
As individuals progress through the IT Project Management job family these resilient leaders continue to develop their expertise in specializations and hone their competencies while developing the ability to work more independently to lead larger, more complex and strategic projects and portfolios.
- Leads complex projects and has accountability for the estimating, planning, scheduling, tracking, management of risk, budget, change management, problem resolution, reporting and communicating
- Manages interdependencies within their projects, including upgrades and working with vendors in system integrators.
- Provides transparency and reporting to overall governance and steering structure
- Leads the interaction with business partners, project team members, other IT colleagues, and external vendors to ensure clarity of the business problem, outcome and scope and ensures issues and risks are understood and resolved.
- Develops relationships through collaboration with all appropriate parties by demonstrating an advanced understanding of business strategies and objectives as they relate to their operating models, products, and distribution models.
- Has an awareness of external industry trends and key competitors and applies those capabilities while managing interactions between IT and business colleagues
- Responsible for building team alignment, encouraging team effort and successes, embracing continuous performance improvement through coaching, modeling the way, and developing followership through his/her daily interactions with the team.
- May participate in developing strategic partnerships with Vendors and executing negotiations and contracting in partnership with HSSO and PMO.
- At a project level, maintains strategic vendor relationships
- Accountable for the onboarding, assignment and achievement of service levels for Vendor Resources on the project and the integrated project planning
- Manage the vendor outcome through active collaboration and feedback with Program Management and
- Vendor Management Best Practices
- Solicits and applies standards and best practices as defined by the project management Center of
- Excellence (Coe) and the Project Management Office (PMO)
- Accountable for innovation and continuous improvement
- Responsible for applying best practices associated with risk management at a project level
- May contribute to advancing and championing best practices
As Scrum Master:
- Responsible for coaching Business and IT Leaders in the SAFe framework at the team and portfolio level.
- Responsible for coaching Product Owners and teams in following Agile/Scrum practices including development of backlog, sprint planning, daily standups, story and sprint reviews, automated testing and continuous improvement retrospections.
- Coach teams to become empowered and self-organized. Build a safe, enthusiastic and transparent environment at the team and program level.
- Assess the agile maturity of the teams and organization and facilitate the continuation of maturity to higher levels.
- Produce portfolio forecasts and sprint status using Jira and Jira Portfolio.
- Other duties as assigned