Group Reporting Accountant
Title: Group Reporting Accountant
Salary: £50,000 + Package
Location : Cheshire
Post type: Permanent
Oliver James Associates is proud to be working with an international business services organisation seeking to appoint a newly qualified ACA who is looking to make their first move into industry. Reporting directly to the Group Reporting Manager, my client is looking for a technically astute and dynamic finance professional.
The successful candidate will play a key role in taking full responsibility for the monthly FRS 102 consolidation of over 22 companies in over 13 different countries.
- FRS 102 consolidations
- Experience of US GAAP would be useful
- Preparation of UK and Irish financial statements
- Experience will be demonstrated through either company financial statement audit for someone coming from practice or direct experience of working at a company.
- Self-starter who's happy to take on responsibilities, takes pride in their work, able to work in a dynamic environment (with ever changing goals) and run small projects.
- Good FRS 102 knowledge ideally with some experience of consolidations.
- Proficient user of excel.
- Confident oral presentation and communication skills to influence, persuade, negotiate, motivate and agree commitments with colleagues.
- Approachable and able to coach and assist non-finance colleagues with accounting problems / issues.
- Numerate and articulate in handling statistics and interpreting information for communication to all levels within the business.
- Flexible, well organised with lots of initiative, energy and personal motivation.
- Results oriented and determined in resolving issues and achieving objectives.
Specific Responsibilities and Activities:
- Preparation of monthly consolidated Board report
- Preparation of the annual consolidated statutory financial statements and financial statements for UK and Ireland
- Completion of the supporting schedules / balance sheet reconciliations (intangible assets, fixed assets, foreign exchange etc.)
- Intercompany process and transactions
- Assisting with the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Ownership of the Group chart of accounts
- Researching accounting treatments and write papers on expected impact to the Group
- Develop Group Policies and Accounting Policies document
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects as and when required
Group Reporting Accountant - Hertfordshire - £70k
- Hertfordshire, England
- £65000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits
- 18 days ago
A successful Insurance Business based in Hertfordshire are looking for an experienced Group Accountant to join their reporting team. I have been instructed to source a Senior Group Accountant who will be based in Hertfordshire working for a leading insurance business. This is a business... Read More
Financial Reporting Accountant - 5 months - Bristol
- Bristol city centre, Bristol
- £300 - £360 per day
- 28 days ago
I am currently supporting a leading insurer based in Bristol in the search for Interim Financial Reporting Accountant for an initial 5 month contract paying up to £350 per day. Essential Skills - Qualified accountant - Experience working in finance reporting role at group level. Life in... Read More
External Reporting Manager (Insurance)
- London, England
- 5 days ago
My client, a leading Lloyd's Insurer are looking to source for an External Reporting Accountant based in Central London. This is an interim position to help the business during a period of expansion, as well as assisting on new projects. My client, a leading Lloyd's Insurer are looking ... Read More
Manager - Financial Reporting
- Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
- 9 days ago
One of the largest global insurers is currently looking to hire for their finance team in Hong Kong as part of their strategy to expand and grow within the region. Responsibilities Oversee regular local statutory reporting process Deliver accurate and meaningful financial statements and... Read More