Oliver James Associate have been exclusively engaged by a well know Property and Casualty Insurance business to find a suitable candidate for the Group Financial Reporting Manager vacancy. An excellent knowledge of international financial reporting standards and practical experience of consolidation reporting and insurance / reinsurance accounting concepts are essential.
The Group financial reporting manager plays a leading role in supporting the Group finance team in the achievement of its reporting obligations by:
- ensuring that accounting issues and their impact on the Group result are identified and understood on a timely basis;
- maintaining the quality control framework around the consolidation reporting process;
- providing ad hoc support to Group management in relation to accounting matters; and
- taking primary responsibility for the timely and accurate delivery of the Group's consolidated statutory accounts and other related reporting obligations.
Key requirements upon application
- Experience in the preparation of consolidated financial statements is essential
- Knowledge of the insurance industry is essential
- Accounting background (CPA/CA or equivalent)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities and an ability to work systematically through complex matters
- Self motivated and ability to work towards positive outcomes with minimum guidance
- A hands-on approach to achieving required outcomes
- Ability to interact across a variety of functions (actuarial, underwriting etc) and clearly communicate with all stakeholders
To be considered for this role please apply using the prompts provided alternatively you can email your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be handled with the strictest level of confidentiality.