- Preparation of all financial accounts and external statements (RNS, Presentation materials, Annual report, Subsidiary stats etc)
- Dealing with ad hoc investor and analyst queries
- Manage the audit process and day-to-day relationship with the external auditors
- Own forecast process for corporate cost centres, capital expenditure and working capital balances and cash flows. Working with the Head of Commercial and FP&A to promote continuous improvement focus for forecast accuracy and learning points.
- Ability to review and analyse data or complex technical accounting issues, drawing out key matters of significance and interpret them in written or verbal communications to finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in preparing accounts and supporting information
- An understanding of the key drivers of the business model and how developments or changes could impact from an accounting and tax perspective.
- The ability to form close working relationships with management, to be able to communicate at their level, understand their requirements, gain their trust and challenge/influence them where necessary.
- Proactive demeanour with the ability to offer constructive advice or solutions.
- The ability to motivate and lead, with particular emphasis on coaching/development and fostering a culture of constant process improvement and review of output
- Insists on accuracy and self-checking by team members and a culture of review
- Handles problems with innovation and creativity.
- Has excellent analytical skills and an ability to get to the heart of complex problems.
- Focus on results and achieving personal work objectives.
- Takes control, initiates action and take responsibility.
- Manages pressure well and copes well with demands from a number of different stakeholders
- Ability to organise own workload to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and proven ability to achieve
- Credible and trustworthy - someone that people will listen to and take notice of - seen as a "go to" person by colleagues
- Accounting qualification with the expectation, given the focus on statutory and technical reporting, of ACA or ACCA
- Strong accounting and tax technical knowledge, including IFRS, UK GAAP, Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE
- Previous experience in a global PLC reporting environment
- Experience of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Workday would be advantageous
If your skills and experience meet the needs of the role requirement then please get in touch with Tom Allen on 0161 694 firstname.lastname@example.org