Group Finance Systems Analyst
Our client, one of the UK's largest and most reputable Insurance firms has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Systems Accountant to join their team at their London headquarters.
The Finance Systems Analyst will provide application design, development and implementation of Group Financial Reporting applications and the provision of Business As Usual Support.
- Development and support of the financial reporting tools required to support the evolving business requirements of the Group Finance function
- Provide ad hoc financial and/or analytical support to the Group Finance function and other Corporate Centre functions as required
- To gather information and understand requirements for Application change
- To build, implement and deliver Application change
- To define and document all application requirements
- Work with Group Financial Reporting team to identify and select the best fit solutions
- Contribute to best practice to ensure financial accounting reporting and control policies and procedures are proactively developed.
- Contribute to the maintenance of good relations with Financial Control and the internal Auditors to ensure compliance of the Groups key financial systems.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with Group IS and key Finance Systems users so as to support relevant knowledge/skill transfer, information sharing and consistent good practice.
Skills & Experience:
- Experienced user of financial systems, IBM Cognos Controller experience would be an advantage
- Qualified Accountant, or a Systems specialist with strong accounting knowledge
- Credible and confident communicator at all levels of the organisation
- Able to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to take ownership of systems implementation and development projects
Knows how to:
- Influence to achieve success
- Develop a collaborative and constructive working environment
- Manage customer and external dependencies
- Work effectively to tight timescales without sacrificing quality