GMC Developer - West Yorkshire
We are looking for a number of GMC Developers to join a successful Integrated marketing business with offices through the UK. Joining their West Yorkshire office, you will be part of an established team working on a range of projects for various clients.
You will ideally have experience with GMC, however if you have experience with other document composition tools the business will invest in cross training you.
- Develop Workflows for Direct Mail and Transactional Mailings, e.g. mailers, letters utility bills, invoices, taking supplied data from transactional billing systems and composing the bill taking into account issues such as pagination rules to facilitate multi-page documents
- Working with the Solutions architect to design and implement large scale solutions for new and existing customers.
- Develop quality standards and validation techniques in line with customer requirements
- Ensure that data retention timescales are adhered to.
- Check that the estimated deliver dates for the job are achievable, raise any concerns or technical issues with the appropriate Team Leader/Scheduler as soon as you are aware of them.
- Advise internal and external customers on our capabilities and identify any potential restrictions on a job by job basis
- Adhere to the Adare processes and procedures to ensure that appropriate testing is completed prior to any customer proofs being supplied.
- Ensure that all customer raised Defects are Defects and not changes.
- Mentoring the other team members.
- Relevant experience of working as a Professional Services Developer or equivalent.
- Experience of using the GMC tool suite (preferable)
- Previous experience of working with a workflow solution
- Scripting experience
- Experience of working on projects
- Experience of document composition software
- A sound working knowledge of windows-based applications
- An understanding of data formats (CSV,XNL,JSON)
- Ability to manipulate data
- An understanding of mail sortation