Data Protection Lead - Financial Services
Central Leeds - Salary up to £64,000 with great benefits
My client, a well-known based in Central Leeds are looking to recruit an experienced Data Protection and Privacy practitioner.
The DPO is looking to build out the team to help ensure ongoing compliance with GDPR and help shape the culture of Privacy in the business going forward.
This is a broad business-facing role but the main responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the implementation, management and monitoring of the data privacy and protection strategy and the creation and roll-out of policies, guidelines and data protection awareness.
- Work with Senior stakeholders across the business to help them understand Data Protection Risk and how to mitigate this.
- Foster a Data Protection culture within the business.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Previous experience and expertise in national and EU data privacy laws (GDPR), regulations and practices
- Commercial awareness, with an objective view of balance of data use and legal requirements
- Experience of promoting a data privacy culture of awareness and understanding ideally in a Financial Services environment.
- Track record of evaluating and translating complex privacy policies.
This is a great opportunity for a Data Protection professional to play a large part in shaping a forward thinking and innovative Privacy department and the strategy in an established and well-known Financial Services business.
This role will not be on the market for long, please send your CV to email@example.com for immediate consideration or get in touch on 0203 861 9253 for more details and a confidential conversation regarding the role.