- Develop the architecture, tools, procedures and methods employed in the application environment in line with technical advances and business requirements
- Ensure that developments are carried out in accordance with established Company IT procedures and standards. Participate in the establishment of development procedures and standards
- Take responsibility for the support and maintenance of existing applications and systems as assigned
- Participate in the process of selecting the solution most appropriate to the stated business requirements
- Provide work estimates and ensure actual effort falls within +/- 20%. Complete weekly timesheets accurately and timely including updated remaining work units
- Perform assigned responsibilities as delegated by more senior members of the department.
- Provide cover as required for other developers
- Provide supervisory and training assistance for more junior members of the team, as appropriate
- Adhere to and meet fully the expectations of the company, as set out in its policies and procedures, training material, and embedded in its systems and controls. Our policies and procedures are written to encapsulate the compliance, legal and financial crime related legislation and regulations which apply to the business.
- Comply with any external rules and requirements imposed on individuals performing their role at the company, such as Lloyd's byelaws and FCA rules
- Promote the businesses brand and values to enhance the company's reputation in the market
- C# (6 and above)
- .NET Framework (4 and above)
- .NET Core (ASP.NET Core 2 and above)
- NET MVC 5 (Razor Views)
- SQL Server 2014 and above. Strong SQL skills (querying, analysing & tuning)
- Experience with Azure SQL Databases would be useful.
- Unit Testing & TDD (experience with xUnit, Moq, AutoFixture and FluentValidation would be beneficial),
- Azure DevOps, CI, CD & Release Management (used to working in a CI/CD environment & mindset)
- Cloud exposure would be useful (particularly Azure).
- Message Queueing technologies (Service Bus, Azure Queue Storage, Event Hubs)
- Azure Logic Apps / Power Apps / Flow
- Office Add-In Development