Financial Reporting Actuary - Leading FTSE Listed Organisation
Oliver James Associates are in the process of supporting a dynamic, global organisation with an exciting strategic vision who are seeking to recruit a Qualified Actuary who will sit within their Financial Reporting Team. The role holder will be expected to contribute to supporting the financial strength of the business by successfully balancing the competing demands of commerciality and prudence in a well governed and controlled environment.
This role requires a qualified actuary who has practical experience of Solvency II and IFRS Financial Reporting. The focus of the role is that of a technical specialist at this level that will either be taking accountability for components of a complex process or designing and developing new or improved solutions to meet business objectives.
The role will include the opportunity to:
- Develop an understanding of the management of the policyholder balance sheet.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the business through the financial reporting and ongoing solvency monitoring.
- Develop an understanding of how the commercial and regulatory environment impacts the company's solvency position
- Work with colleagues across with other areas within Finance and Risk to support delivery of financial reporting in line with regulatory deadlines.
- Deliver and develop the analysis and reporting of valuation results; working closely with the Shareholder valuation team to ensure results are well-explained and accurately communicated to senior stakeholders
- To produce and be accountable for the technical accuracy of financial information to support the production of actuarial analysis and reports.
- To provide specialist technical advice and guidance on the application of actuarial principles and tools to support business objectives, coaching and guiding less experienced members of the team.
- To provide technical expertise to design technical solutions as part of change projects within the wider business.
If you are a Qualified Actuary with up to 3 years post qualified experience or an individual who is nearly qualified with an excellent exam track record please follow the instructions to apply for this position.
Assistant Actuary - Solvency II Reporting - FTSE Insurer
- London, England
- £55000 - £70000 per annum
- 10 days ago
A dynamic and high performing, leading UK Life Insurance organisation is currently seeking to add an Assistant Actuary to their growing financial reporting team. Following a recent and very exciting acquisition, this business is looking to recruit an ambitious and driven individual to d... Read More
- North West England, England
- £55000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
- 19 days ago
Due to growth and expansion, I am working exclusively with a North West Insurer to appoint a new Reporting Actuary into their team. In the role; You will be reviewing and consolidating reporting results at both Group & UK level across a variety of metrics. You will also; Have the opport... Read More
Interim Reporting Actuary
- Scotland, Scotland
- Up to £900 per day
- 28 days ago
OJA are working with a leading life insurer who are looking for Actuaries from a strong reporting background. The assignement will be based in Scotland, and the contract will be 3-6 months in duration with excellent day rates on offer. Experience with the likes of IFRS and Solvency II w... Read More
Risk Modelling Actuary - FTSE Insurer
- London, England
- £60000 - £72000 per annum + Additional Benefits
- 19 days ago
Oliver James Associates are supporting a leading FTSE Listed organisation in their strategic recruitment for a Risk Modelling Actuary. The Risk Modelling team are responsible for the annual calibration of market and operational risks, as well as the dependency structure between risks, w... Read More