Due to continued growth and penetration of different market segments, my Credit Cards SME client require an interim consultant to support the redesign process of their financial model.
You MUST have experience building a financial model from the ground up. You will have experience working for a credit cards firm, preferably an SME.
A commercially astute mindset will be beneficial, ideally a background in an FP&A position.
What you'll do:
- Develop and create advanced excel models from scratch to forecast and report business performance
- Working closely with the business leads to define and monitor the pricing and commercial strategy
- Lead the financial planning and analysis for a set of new products
- Perform ad-hoc business analysis to drive and improve the product's performance
- Works with Marketing on implementation of promotions to ensure that promotional pricing is consistent with the overall pricing strategy
- Help identify and implement processes, systems and support which improve on-going business operations
- Research, and analyze business opportunities and competitive dynamics
- Help identify, analyze and develop opportunities for successful new products in line with the longer-term strategy.
What you'll need:
- Degree or equivilent from a top university
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified accountant
- Demonstrated expertise in finance analysis and pricing (developing financial models from scratch, analysing financial statements and collating management information)
- Experienced analyst within UK financial services, preferably with experience of credit card products
- Significant understanding of the expectations and ongoing requirements of operating in a FCA regulated environment
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, and planning tools - proven ability to build comprehensive financial models
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with senior management team
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions with limited supervision
- Ability to cope with the ambiguity that is consistent with the start-up of a new product