To maintain the financial control environment in place in the my client's finance team through daily reconcilaitions, exercising oversight over first line system processes and outputs and ensuring that financial accounting records, financial reporting and MI outputs are complete and accurate.
- Maintain the control environment in place through the monitoring of daily bank and system reconciliaitons; taking ownership of any exceptions and investigating through to resolution.
- Promote auto-matching across reconciliations and efficiently manage exceptions.
- Stakeholder management for relationships directly impacting payment and policyholder transaction processing.
- Exercise oversight and control over first line business processes and outputs through analytical reviews and balance sheet reconcilaitions.
- Run general ledger feeds, prepare journals and provide assistance with month end accounting processes.
- Maintain ad-hoc control documentation such as the register of internal controls, risk register, end user application inventory and take ownership for implementing best practice in general process documentation across the wider finance department.
- Assist with ad-hoc MI reporting; contributing to month end performance packs, finance project updates and other strategic Board reports.