It is part of a large US based insurance broker that has had significant growth over the past 5 years in the US.
The primary responsibilities of the analyst will be to support senior management in varied areas of financial analysis, including, but not limited to: monthly management reporting and variance analyses - revenue and financial, annual budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning and client profitability analysis. Duties will include review and coordination of financial analysis across different departments, offices, or business lines, in support of Finance management.
- Work closely with group CFO, regional heads and the group executive to ensure regional and group targets are meet.
- Take ownership of regional weekly revenue forecasting working collectively with the local and regional teams to ensure timely and accurate monthly/yearly forecasting
- Advise management on actions to be taken when targets are not being achieved.
- Perform and monitor revenue scenario planning to help management project various outcomes whilst monitoring projected functional and overall expenses.
- Assist with regional and group wide ad hoc projects and ensure completed in a timely manner without sacrificing other task.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with senior management, production staff, office heads and corporate department heads
- Proactively seek to develop new initiatives to stimulate continuous improvement of the Financial Planning process
- Plan and manage the company's annual plan and forecast process
- Compile, organize and assess budgets for revenue (detailed), expenses and related financial data for a variety of time horizons - e.g. one-year, three-year (strategic)
- Prepare budget-to-actual variance analyses - monthly and quarterly (for Board meetings)
- Prepare pro-forma analyses, triggered both by individual initiative and management request (e.g. impact of acquisitions, divestitures, investments)
- Forecast KPIs and compare to targets for region and group.
- Responsible for development and input to group and subsidiary company boards packs.
- Provide support for senior management client, investor and bank presentations as required.
- Responsible for illustrating and considering financing alternatives and capital structure, as needs develop
- Assist with the management and execution of due diligence processes, as needs develop
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and application of these.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/MBA preferred.
- FP&A designation would be an asset
- Prior experience implementing Financial Planning Solutions a plus
- Financial modeling expertise a plus
- Strong presence, with ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and concepts.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
If you are interested on learning more please apply for the financial & planning analyst role ASAP as the client is keen on seeing resumes early as next week.