Opportunity to work in a large international financial services company with the opportunity to gain valued experience in a specialist industry. Working as part of the finance team, you will be a core member of a global finance team.
Financial Accounting Close - Monthly & Quarterly
- Review output of the tasks performed by BPO partner; Premiums & Commissions, Reported Claims, IBNR, Loss fund accounting, Receivable & Payables, Banks, Intercompany, Loans and Debt and review of Foreign exchange.
- Review data transfer and adjustments from USGAAP to UKGAAP, financial statements and Solvency II Ledgers.
- Assist Finance Manager in developing and maintaining corporate accounting policies to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over external financial reporting, supporting compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Responsible for the preparation of variance analysis on key accounts identifying and explaining deviations from trend or budget.
- Liaison with other AXIS business teams for further analysis to understand entity specific variances across investments, ceded reinsurance and G&A.
- Assist in completion of period end Finance Management reports and preparation of additionaladhoc analysis as required.
- Assist Finance Manager in addressing Auditor's queries and ensure successful completion of internal and external audits.
- Special projects, as required organization restructure, system integrations, RPA design etc.
- Identify training needs and organize training for the outsourced staff. Proactively escalate issues to Finance Director.
- Assist in monitoring performance of the BPO partner against Service Levels agreements.
- Provision of regular training and feedback sessions with offshore support team.
- Continued identification and recommendation of process improvements, through increased automation or outsourcing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Appropriate accounting experience, with a background in insurance preferred.
- US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS and SII knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of SOX compliance requirements with respect to Financial Reporting processes.
- Experience with financial systems, business performance management systems and experience with business intelligence software.
- Commercially savvy and possesses excellent analytical skills to understand numbers and their implications on the business.
- Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Hyperion Smartview and Oracle experience is beneficial.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Flexible working ability to facilitate Group platform.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully prioritize workload and delegate effectively
- Capable of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Limited international travel may be required.
- Dublin South, Dublin
- 23 days ago
Financial Accountant Financial Accountant Position Overview: Source technical data processing and inputting into GL system Preparation of monthly close and annual reporting with business commentaries and ad hoc reporting within agreed reporting deadlines Responsible for co-ordination of... Read More
Financial Reporting Accountant
- City of London, London
- 2 days ago
I've been advised by a key client of Oliver James Associates to search for a Financial Reporting Accountant within the London Insurance Market. Please see below for the Job Specification: Main Duties Preparation of reliable, timely and complete monthly management reporting, including Bo... Read More
Chief Financial Officer
- Emilia-Romagna, Italia
- 6 days ago
Buonasera, Sono attualmente alla ricerca di un CFO per un importante cliente in ambito Retail/Food&Beverage in Emilia Romagna. Per approfondire la posizione, sono disponibile per un contatto diretto. Grazie. Cordiali Saluti, Tomaso Pellegrini Read More
Financial Services Internal Auditor
- London, England
- £40000 - £60000 per annum
- 9 days ago
This role sits in the Financial Services Risk Assurance team at a Top 10 firm, which is part of the wider Risk Assurance Services faculty. The role-holder will support the Senior Manager and Partner in the day to day delivery of internal audit and wider risk assurance services to a port... Read More