A leading household insurer are looking to hire a Financial Accounting Manager into their Financial Control team
A leading household insurer are looking to hire a Financial Accounting Manager into their Financial Control team. A newly created position, reporting directly into the Head of Financial Control, this role will offer excellent breadth and exposure to senior stakeholders, thus acting as an excellent stepping stone to your wider career.
Responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of recording, reporting and control of the general ledger, core accountabilities will include:
- Review accounting entries raised by the offshore team, and ensure they are recorded in a timely and accurate fashion in the general ledger, in accordance with the Group's Accounting Policies and Manual
- Challenge the month end financial accounting process
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement to the month end process (process and modelling)
- Review and analyse legal entity financial statements, and provide appropriate monthly reporting, commentary and analysis
- Identify, own and manage risks; support offshore resources and report appropriate issues and risks to senior management
- Involvement in Group wide and Finance projects and new products, and provide technical accounting and financial process expertise
- Support the audit of the Group's legal entities, control environment and financial records
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with significant post-qualification experience
- Ability to look at financial accounting issues and processes from varying angles and provide solutions
- Strong knowledge of applying International Accounting Standards relating to Intangible Assets etc.
- Experienced in substantiation and reconciliation
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills
Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others to resolve issues as a team