Currently I am working for an international insurance company who is looking for a Financial Accountant. They are operating in different markets; Reinsurance, Marine & Aviation and Property & Casualty.
Responsible for leading and supervising:
- the financial accounting processes and accounting ledger maintenance for the location/country
- all financial controls for the location/country
- the preparation, timeliness and accuracy of the monthly closings (incl. TB delivery and substantiation files)
- the preparation, timeliness and accuracy of all ICF and J-Sox controls
Provide a proactive, professional and high quality finance service to the Finance Operations department in Europe that offers maximum service levels and minimises costs where possible.
The role will take day to day responsibility for the following areas:
- Day to day maintenance of accounting records, including accounting services, reconciliations and management of the general ledgers;
- Financial governance including monitoring of all relevant financial control processes and quality checks to ensure accurate data is produced;
The holder will be supervising the Finance Operations accounting team of 5 staff in his/her location/country and will be expected to look for operational efficiencies and improvements wherever possible. The holder therefore must have excellent accounting and business knowledge.