Title: Finance Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Post type: Permanent
Oliver James Associates is proud to be working with a leading technology business who hold an enviable position in a lucrative, growing global market. The business continues to grow via acquisition and long-term investment commitments from the owner Mangers.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Senior Leadership team and be part of driving strategic and operational decision making.
Provide vital support in the preparation of the monthly management accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
Typical work responsibilities include:
- Assist in the strategic design and implementation of a new ERP solution across the business
- Preparation of monthly management accounts in line with group policy
- Provision of analysis and analytical commentary of any variances against budget
- Comprehensive balance sheet reconciliations, including accrued income, expense schedules, fixed asset reporting & intercompany balance reconciliation's
- Comprehensive income statement reconciliations including Revenue generating units, ARPU and unit cost
- Cash flow reporting and forecasting, liaising closely with the Treasury department
- Assistance with the production of year-end statutory financial statements, liaising with the Group finance department.
- Develop and implement strong controls and procedures, providing a strong base for the continued rapid growth of the business
- Computation of Corporation Tax and VAT and arranging POA, liaising closely with Group and Treasury departments
- Be the primary point of contact for debtor payment queries and credit control
- Working closely with the Financial Controller to produce the divisions annual forecasting & re-forecasting
- Supporting the Financial Controller with one-off technical practical assignments
- Consistently and accurately meeting internal and external deadlines
- Helping to pass on your experience and knowledge to management accountants, thus maintaining the continuing ethos of the company to improve and promote within
The essential skills/attributes are: -
- Minimum 3 years' experience of core management accounting
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Advanced Excel skills - including experience of creating and using Pivot Tables and V-Look Up
- Experience of SAP, Sage, Oracle financials or similar accounting systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of interacting across all levels of the organisation including dealing with non-finance people to gather relevant information
- Experience of fostering strong working relationships within the finance team and across the organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Show an impressive attitude and not only take full responsibility for their duties but are enthusiastic to take on new challenges which will develop their own career.
The desirable skills: additional ideal experiences should include :-
- Experience of managing / supervising a finance team
- Experience of working within a fast growing business environment
- Experience of managing projects in the management accounting arena, specifically those designed to improve and streamline processes
- Experience of audit processes
- Experience of SAP
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Educated to degree level, minimum 2:1.
- High energy and dynamic individual
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to communicate and influence people at all levels within the business
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually based on performance.
- Annual bonus linked to achievement of set objectives.
- Group life insurance policy 4x basic salary.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Auto - enrolment pension scheme
- Working in a high profile prestigious firm listed on "The Times Fast track companies list"
- Working within a large finance department of over 80 people including high quality peers and colleagues.
- Opportunities to further develop your own career via internal leadership programs.
- Supportive environment that encourages opportunities for self-development. Those with the correct output and attitude will be rewarded financially as well as securing rapid promotion.